What follows are the production photos of my equipment used for my first draft of the piece.
This is my modified Alesis sr-16 drum machine I used for the heart beat sound effect, it was in-fact a 'Honest Kick' sound that I boosted the bass-signal and added some Equalisation in order to further boost the lower frequencies.

This is the Zoom G21.u Multi-effect pedal I used alongside each seperate instrument for additional reverb as well as some Equalisation, Delay and Wah-Wah. Whilst recording a 'flat' sound is useful if you intend to add effects in post-production, I have find through personal experience that effects such as Wah-Wah can sound particularly 'Zonky' (or 'artificial' to the lay-man).

This is the hand-made Sinewave generator I used to create the tone, I tried to liken it to that of a flat Bpm Heart-rate Monitor in order to connote death in a modern world.

My (also) hand-made low-pass filter, used in connection with each instrument as both a mixer and a filter to add some extra polish and control of the sounds produced. It filters out all the high-end frequencies in order to produce an easily alterable cut-off point for deeper sounds.

Boss RPS-10 Pitch Shifter and delay, when this is used in accordance with my hand-made sine-wave generator, and carefully, produced some really dissonant detuning effect, i.e. the slight wavering of the 'BPM' towards the end of the piece. Whilst these machines might be considered out-of-date or obsolete today I still find they can help create some very unusual sounds at the highed ends of it's modifications to a signal.

This is my New Casio CZ-1000, kept in pristine condition ever since circa 1985. It was the first programmble-Synthesis keyboard I bought and boasts an 8-step envelope attenuation generator (I still don't know what that means), phase-distortion, full-sized keys and expandable memory in the form of cartridges.
I used all of this equipment in connection with a mixer and amplifier and recorded all of my sounds generated with both a Marantz and an external source.
No comments:
Post a Comment